The Delicate Art of Adjustments

The article in this past weekend's New York Times: The Delicate Art of Adjustments blows my mind. It's hard to believe that adjustments in yoga are just now becoming a hot topic. I'm a big believer in energetic and oral adjustments; this article further evidences why that may be a growing trend in yoga studios. Every person's body is different and it's theirs...where it became appropriate for another person with very little awareness of your physical history to manipulate you into challenging poses is beyond me.

Cheri Clampett and Arturo Peal taught a revelatory session in their Therapeutic Yoga training at Integral Yoga Institute that completely blew my mind; all based on the permission to give an assist to someone and how intimate and empowering that is.


Image credit from The New York Times' February 13, 2011 article, "The Delicate Art of Adjustments"

I'm sure more articles and opinions will follow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment